Tuesday, May 12, 2009

42 Hours

As I write this, it is about 42 hours before my surgery. it is getting down to hours, not weeks or days, until I go in to Mount Carmel East, for my 1st hospital stay ever.

today is my last day of work, so everyone is coming by and telling me good luck, or giving me hugs, and telling me they will miss me. I keep telling them I will be back in 4 weeks, but that can be a long time.

Tomorrow I will be working from home, clear liquids all day, no Angela desserts for awhile, as I prepare for surgery.

Stocked up on some books to read during my downtime. Jim Tressel, Tony Dungy, Charles Stanley books I have been wanting to read for awhile. Thanks to Julie for the gift card, I got 3 books with it.

I heard about a new Darryl Strawberry book just coming out. How Christ changed his life and got him back on the right path. Have to get that one later.

Also, been recording some shows on my DVR to watch later. Also, have some DVD Civil War programs I want to watch. I am sure the 1st few days I'll be moving pretty slow and taking it easy.

Happy Birthday to Donna Sipes in TN and Gail Leiber in Chicago!

Happy college Graduation to my favorite niece Jordan this weekend, your Aunt Angie and I are proud of you, we would be there if we could.

Pressing on! For my self proclaimed theme Song click here

1 comment:

Gina DeVault said...

I've been praying for you and will continue. Having done the surgery "downtime" a few months ago, I know it's better to keep the mind occupied constructively and to listen to your body. If it is tired, rest. I overdid a couple of times and paid for it. God bless you.