Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Counting down

Just got the call from Mount Carmel and they moved the surgery up tomorrow. I have to be there at 5:45 AM with the Surgery at 7:45 AM. In a way I am glad, so we can get this done and begin the recovery. I adjusted the countdown clock on the left to reflect the correct starting time. It feels strange that it is almost here. Seems like only yesterday that I found out I have prostate cancer. God has been good to keep me busy these last few weeks.

Today is "clear liquid diet" day, and I am starved! Wish I could have a Royal Red Robin burger or a large beef, bean and cheese sopapilla, but there will be plenty of time for that. Angela even made some Angie Bars and Marshmallow Puffs for the boys, but nothing for me today, except my Juven. I guess my diet starts today and will last for at least a few more days.

Still getting cards, e-mails, and calls of support, one of my best friends in TN called last night and prayed with me. Very humbling, but I am thankful for all my friends, coworkers, and church people who are thinking of me.

Pray tonight for Doctor Kaufman and the others that will be with me in the Operating Room tomorrow.

Pressing on!

No comments: