Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day

Spent the day watching "Band of Brothers" on the History Channel. It is the story of Easy Company from the 101st Airborne Divsion based in WWII. It was a 10 part HBO series that followed a group of men from boot camp to the end of the war. I had recorded it on my DVR and had been watching it throughout the weekend.

Mom and Dad came over and stayed for dinner, Dad brought macaroni salad and pineapple upside down cake. I told him I like his upside down cake because Angela does not make it, that's why he brought it, not sure about the macaroni salad, not a big fan.

Corey and Angela cooked steak and shrimp on the new grill, very good!!!! Used some of Tyler's seasonings on the steak, all I can say is best tasting I have have had in a long time. I think I got my appetite back yesterday for sure. Just finishing up when the doorbell rang and some families from chruch brought over some leftovers from shrimp boil they had!!! So that will be dinner tonight, can't wait. Need to get my "little friend" out so I can start walking and getting my energy back.

Knox's came over later and brought a card and a plant, looks like a rose bush tree, cannot wait for it to grow out some. Looks pretty already, thanks Mike for planting it.

Some reason got up very early today, need to take a nap before the big Cavs game tonight!

No comments: