Saturday, May 09, 2009

Back home

Drive home from Michigan had a little drama. The guys from the plant at Sturgis, MI told me of a better way home. I went through Fort Wayne, IN and then took State Route 30 from there to upper sandusky, Ohio and picked up state route 23. What they did not tell me was there were no gas stations for 200 miles on that road!!!

1st the Range to Empty changed to "low", the gas tank started blinking "E", never a good thing. I could not find a gas station anywhere!!

Finally, found one and put 19.99 gallons of gas in the car!! Not sure how big the tank is, but I think it is 21 gallons, but the good Lord was with me.

Tonight, our CONNECT group went to the Montgomery Inn and then the Coldstone Creamery, we had 14 people go and had a great time. (Ask Penny Gierling about her leftovers). Thank you to whomever bought Angela and my dinner tonight, that was super nice and greatly appreciated.

Angela making snacks for our class tomorrow, so the pressure is off for the my lesson to be good. I don't know if I ever posted my class motto:

"The teaching may be mediocre, but the snacks are great!" To tell the truth I borrowed that from my old SS teacher in Jackson, TN, Brent Lay.

Call your mom tomorrow, it is Mother's day.

Pressing on!

Thursday = surgery, life will never be the same.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

That was super fun, nice way to get people into class tomorrow - ANGELA!
=]