Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Time getting close

As you can tell by the countdown clock, it is about a week to my surgery date. I am trying not to get nervous, but it is getting harder everyday. Nervous is not the right word, but anxious describes it better.


I continue to be amazed by all the people who have sent notes of encoragement, connected with Randy Schmidt again and he put my name on his pray list at his church. I was in Chicago yesterday for meetings and several co-workers came up to me and asked how I was doing and mentioned they were praying or thinking about me.


I started taking Juven, which is a product we make for people recoverying from surgery. A coworker went through a major operation and she started taking it a week before and a week after. She said her recovery time was very quick and gave me some to try (it comes in packets that you mix with water). I'll let you know if I think it has helped afterward.


Family doing ok, Brandon and Julie went to see Tyler and Rachel in Memphis last weekend. Corey and Audrey went to prom last weekend. He was driving Tammy's Mercedes and a lady backed into the car! He was upset when he called me, did about $600 worth of damage. Angela started back to tanning bed again, looking good!


New family member, my baby brother Jim is a grandfather! Ryan Lee Salyer was born 9:09 AM on 5/5 to Nate and Beth, Congrats to all! 8.2 lbs and 20.4 inches long.


Don't forget Mother's Day is Sunday.
Pressing ON!

No comments: